Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Things that have happened since my last post!

Well... since my last post, I have done a fair few things.

The main thing is probably getting sick. Yeah *lots* of fun. But while I was sick I read a lot:

I read Emma, Persuasion, and Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen. I think Northanger Abbey is my favorite Jane Austen book. I also re-read the Hobbit, for something like the tenth time.
And, in anticipation of the final book in the Inheritance Cycle, I also re-read Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr, for the second time.

I have been told by someone (he knows who he is :P) that I should read Ranger's Apprentice, so I'm waiting for the first book to be ready to pick up from the library.

I also read lots and lots of Peanuts comics. They are truly awesome. And my favorite character is Linus! probably because I can relate best to him.

Other than being sick, I went to a homeschooling camp, which I will post about soon, and I have completed a few new pieces of jewellery.

This bangle/cuff I made a few months ago. It's made out of silver, and I had lots of fun beating the heck out of it with a hammer, the effects of which you can see on the outer part of the bangle.











This ring is made out of silver, and the stone is called Spectralite... don't ask me what that is... I melted part of this, so I had to redo the part I melted... oops!









This necklace I made for a wonderful friend's eighteenth birthday! It's made out of silver, and it has a pink pearl in the centre.













And last but not necessarily least, is this bangle, which I made on Saturday. I cheated a little with this one, because the metal had already been made the right thickness and shape all i had to do was solder it into a circle, and texture, and polish it. I made it in about two hours!







No comments:

Post a Comment